Thursday 2 January 2014

The start of a wonderful journey.

In 2013 I started researching the dogs I wanted to own.  Belgian Malinois!

The Malinois /ˈmælɨnwɑː/ or Belgian Shepherd Dog is a breed of dog, sometimes classified as a variety of the Belgian Shepherd Dog classification, rather than as a separate breed. The Malinois is recognized in the United States under the name Belgian Malinois. Its name is the French word for Mechlinian, which is in Dutch either Mechelse herdershond or Mechelse scheper (both meaning: shepherd dog from Mechelen) or Mechelaar (one from Mechelen). It is used as a working dog for tasks including detection of odors such as explosives, accelerants (for arson investigation), and narcotics; tracking of humans for suspect apprehension in police work; and search and rescue. Wiki

They are an incredible breed, but only once I had two did I really see what they are capable of.  I had seen the US seals pics of their working dogs,





I researched German Shepards and other breeds, and from my research decided on the Malinois.


No comments:

Post a Comment